The last day of the year is always bittersweet to me. Social media is filled with perfectly curated stories and photos from 2018. Nothing like jumping on Instagram to make you feel a whirlwind of memories from the past year. Instead of perfecting my year end photo collage, I prefer to think of my year end review from what I have learned and how I have grown.
This year was exactly what I needed. It was full of pushing me to my limits in growth, learning, and strengthening me in areas of organization, teamwork, communication, and problem-solving. This year wasn’t perfect. It had its ups and downs. Some of those ups were filled with amazing times and new experiences. Some of my downs were sad, but overall this year has left me off feeling better than before. I can excitedly say I am ready to Ring in the New Year! I can’t wait for what 2019 has to offer.
What did I learn in 2018?
- How to travel alone.
- Don’t be afraid to say no to those things you don’t want to do or don’t have time for.
- Put yourself first sometimes.
- Some people will judge you for anything. You don’t owe them an explanation for your decisions.
- Stay true to yourself, your goals, and your dreams.
- It’s okay to be picky. Surround yourself with people and friends that are supportive.
- Take the vacation you saved for.
- Make a bold fashion choice.
- How to climb over those learning curves and keep moving forward. It might take a little time, but just because something is difficult, doesn’t mean it’s impossible.
- Do whatever it takes. It will make a difference, and you will get there.
- Love yourself unconditionally.
- Always take the opportunity to spend time with family.
I don’t make New Year resolutions, but create goals to achieve throughout the year steadily. So, what are my goals for 2019?
- Take more barre classes.
- Take a new type of workout class to get my body moving in new ways!
- Write and journal often.
- Travel somewhere new that you have never seen before.
- Learn a new skill. You’re never too old to learn.
- Read way more books.
- Make a new friend.
- Do something extra special for your 30th birthday.
- Cook recipes you have never tried.
- Work extra hard and make a difference.
Happy New Year!